Monday, February 23, 2015

"Something is Happening" Exhibit:


I really loved participating in the exhibit, "Something is Happening." My mom has been a gallery director for more than a decade. Since she began in her position, I have helped set up for anywhere from 5-10 exhibits every year. In all of this time, the closest I have come to participating was through my mom's work, but never through my own. I loved the participatory aspect of "Something is Happening."

Along with that, I really admire a lot of the work in the exhibit. Each two-photograph series was unique in style and content, and we all focused on different aspects of post-production. A lot of my themes for this show, and my work this term, have been ironic. The book title, “God is real and so is Art,” along with the photograph titles, “Bobby Frank” and Robert Inverted,” serve as testaments to that fact. But that irony is not intended to take away from my genuine appreciation and respect for the work being shown.


“Something is Happening” was modest, engaging, and fun. And these were my favorite snacks (except for the pretzels).

No comments:

Post a Comment